This intensive workshop will help you feel relaxed and empowered during your auditions. Many actors, even those at a professional level, struggle with auditions. I will help you:
– Create a solid foundation from which to understand and perform material successfully.
– Allow your talent and skill to shine through your auditions.
– Learn to interpret and perform actual audition materials from film, theater and television.
– We will discuss and explore various genres – ie: Comedy, Drama, Action/Adventure, Series, Sitcom and Soap Operas.
– The differences between these forms and the requirements o each.
– At each class you will perform material on camera and have the opportunity to discuss your work and receive feedback. You will also be able to watch yourself on camera, if you wish.
– Through experience you will be able to solve problems and become more comfortable with and adept at different styles and material.
“I love attending Sheila’s workshops because no matter how much I’ve worked on a scene, made choices and gone over the script, Sheila can always help me improve upon it. I’m constantly amazed at how she can take the shortest scene, break it down and deduce way more then meets the eye, to find sides to a character that were not obvious and make the character so much more interesting. When she critiques, she doesn’t just tell you what you’ve missed, but she explains how to get there. She knows exactly how to push every actor to their limit and get the best performance out of them.,” Heidi Baillargeon – Actor.
We held the workshop in January and then again in April, due to high demand. They were both a huge success and full to capacity. Please book early to ensure you have a place. Any questions please call the office: 212 787 0491
“Take Sheila’s audition workshop. It takes a lot of the guess work out of the audition process. I’ve taken it four times and have come away with new tips each time.” George Pogatsia Actor/Writer/Producer at 5 Red Pictures.
Please see Class Schedule below for times and details.
This all day intensive weekend workshop is scheduled 3 to 4 times each year.
SCHEDULE 2016: FULL
Friday 9th 2-9pm
Saturday 10th 11-6pm
Sunday 11th 2-6pm.
Price : $550
When signing up please leave a note on paypal, or email us, with the sex and playing age range of the person attending the workshop, so we can best select sides for them. Thank you.
Classes are held at
350 Central Park West
(Between 94/95th streets)
Gray Studios in the Basement